Goal #11 Compete in a cooking contest – Done!
Submitted this Chicken Stroganoff recipe to a contest.
– 1 tablespoons olive oil
– 1 ½ lbs of Chicken breasts
– Salt & Pepper
– 2 teaspoons of Paprika
– 1 large red onion, sliced
– 1 tablespoon minced garlic
– 1 cup of Creme fraiche or sour cream
– 2 (8-oz.) pkg. presliced cremini mushrooms
– 1 1/2 cups unsalted chicken stock
– 1 cup dry white wine
– 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, and more for garnish.
– 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
– 1 tablespoon of Dijion mustard
– 1 tablespoon of Butter
– 8 ounces uncooked wide egg noodles
1. Pat the chicken dry with paper towel. Season the chicken with salt, pepper and paprika
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in Dutch oven or any other heavy bottom skillet at medium high heat
3. When the oil is hot, place chicken in Dutch oven to sear, about 3-4 mins for each side. Remove and set aside. Let stand for at least 5 mins. Cut into strips.
4. Add mushrooms to Dutch oven. Saute for about 10 mins, until the mushrooms have released liquid and started browning.
5. Add onions, saute for about 3-4 mins, until soft.
6. Add garlic, and stir for 1 min.
7. Add white wine, and deglaze any browned bits that are stuck to the Dutch oven.
8. Add chicken stock, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a simmer. Then reduce heat to medium low.
9. Add chicken and any juice from the plate. Cook for another 10 mins until everything is heated through.
10. Meanwhile, cook egg noodles according to package directions. Drain and return to the pot. Off the heat, add butter and stir to melt.
11. Add creme fraiche, and parsley to the Stroganoff. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat.
12. Serve over egg noodles. Garnish with parsley.